If after surgery you experience any of the following symptoms or situations, please contact the doctor’s office at the phone number listed below.
- You have a fever (a temperature of more than 101°F). Take your temperature with a thermometer before calling your doctor.
- Your pain is not controlled even though you are taking your pain medication the way it was prescribed.
- You experience nausea and vomiting.
- You have fluid drainage or increasing redness around your abdominal incision.
- You experience an increase in bleeding or foul smelling discharge from your vagina.
- You are unable to urinate after your catheter is removed.
- You are unable to have a bowel movement after trying the recommendations found on the Bowel Function after Surgery page.
- You need a prescription re-filled. Make sure you have your pharmacy’s phone number available before you call the doctor.
- You feel at any time that something seems wrong, is not progressing well, or you are afraid.
To contact us
During regular office hours (Mon. – Fri. 8:30 am – 3:30 pm):
On weekends or after office hours:
Call the physician exchange number at 314-362-0588